Monday, October 19, 2015

WELCOME :D

Hi there and welcome to my blog created as part of a third-year module I’m undertaking-‘Water and development in Africa’. Issues related to water such as water scarcity in Africa are perhaps not unheard of to the layman. With climate change at the forefront of a host of global issues we face today, and demographic change-specifically population growth-placing increasing pressures on the world’s finite resources, the chronic issue of providing safe water to the people in Africa is becoming increasingly complex, with no straightforward solution in sight.

Therefore, in this blog, I seek to explore in depth the links between environmental change (focusing on climate and land use change) and water-related issues in Africa, through reflecting on relevant articles on the issue. I will also be updating my blog regularly with current news reports and interesting facts and statistics relevant to this area of study!


Feel free to comment on my posts and I look forward to learning about this issue in depth and breadth through the course of taking this module, and hopefully beyond that! (:  

No comments:

Post a Comment